Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Skopje, Republic of Macedonia


Arrived in Skopje, Republic of North Macedonia Monday night (1:40am -ugh). Fortunate to have perfect weather yesterday to explore the hundreds of monuments, fountains and the old Turkish bazaar. I thought I was in Istanbul. I really like this city. It has a good vibe and not very touristy - edgy, yet easy to get around. Enjoyed Tavče gravče. (Baked beans) which is a traditional Macedonian dish and Turkish desserts.

Arrived in the middle of the night, which is not what I planned.  I thought my reservation was for 12:25pm, but was AM instead.  Who flies in the middle of the night??  Ugh.  That is why the ticket was so cheap ($93).  But all worked out well and I arranged to have a driver pick me up at that hour of the night.  Was pretty tired, but gave me an extra day in Skopje which I’m happy for.  

Now off to explore more of the city.  















1 comment: