Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Kotor: Fortress and 1,350 steps

Kotor has a fortress that towers over the city and is beautifully lit up at night.  With its 1,350 Steps, I naturally was determined to walk up to the fortress sometime this week.  Well Monday was the day.  I made sure to start first thing in the morning when it opened and before the cruise ships arrived.  It was a strenuous climb with loose rocks, uneven steps, and twists and turns.  On the way up is the Church of Our Lady of Health where I stopped to pray that I would make it to the top and not have a heart attack.  LOL.   My activity level that day was 21,885 steps (10.53 miles) and 94 flights of stairs.  OMG.  My legs were sore, but not too bad.  I’m getting in pretty good shape on this trip.  Don’t think I’ve walked and climbed this much, for this long a period in my life.  Feels great!  The views on the way up and at the fortress were amazing and well worth the effort.

Later that day I rewarded myself with a boat trip to the Lady of the Rocks and Perast old town. Very relaxing, even amongst the many ship passengers.  Even got a little too much sun.























1 comment:

  1. Lovely Mountain View’s! Glad you hiked to the summit!😎

    ReplyDelete