Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Kotor: Cruising

This is the way I like to experience cruise ships, from a balcony overlooking a beautiful bay.  Many a ships come into the port in Kotor, sometimes three a day.  I find them fascinating and some are humungous.  For something so large, these floating cities are amazingly quiet when sneaking into the port, usually in the morning.  I’ll be in the kitchen and turn around and all of a sudden, there is a large ship in front of me, and I didn’t hear a thing.  That is the good thing about them, and one must marvel at the engineering and management that goes into these floating cities. Then when leaving at around 5pm, they make sure to toot their horn very loudly, almost like a thank you to Kotor.   I’ve been able to time many of my activities around the hoards of passengers, so its not been a negative for me.  In a way, once they are gone, it’s a very serene and authentic place to be.  Still paradise.


















No comments:

Post a Comment