Thursday, October 3, 2019

From church bells to pub music

Made it safely to Belgrade late Tuesday night after some free entertainment by a local German school band in the airport.  They took out all their instruments out (cello, violin, etc) and played a couple of songs right there at Gate E5.  Driver met me at Belgrade airport and once we got to the center of Belgrade we came upon a standard road block in which a police officer asked the driver a few questions, looked at his license and then gave him a breathalyzer test all within about one minute while the driver stayed in the car, and then we continued to my hotel. My hotel apartment is quite different than what I had in Wiesbaden.  Instead of church bells I came to my room with loud pub music below.  So naturally, I thought I might as well join them.  Great live music (local) and I was very entertained by the bartender who was drinking heavily to the point of being quite drunk.

As I sat in the bar, I wrote what I saw as follows:

I’m in Belgrade in a pub next to my hotel and feel completely conformable.  Live local folk music that is quite good with rowdy men joining in to sing their favorites.  One man just threw a glass across the room and somehow the bartender caught the glass on his way down the steps.  Even they were surprised - they were friends and apparently on the same wave length.  Ha ha.  They laugh.  I’m impressed.  No Dylan’s “blowing in the wind” here.  Bartender is completely drunk.  I hope he gives me the correct change on my bill.  Oh and he just gave me a shot of schnapps.

Don’t worry, I’m quite safe and off to seize the day.  








No comments:

Post a Comment