Sunday, October 27, 2019

Brussels: Castles and Croissants

Arrived in Brussels Friday night and was so happy to once again join my good friends Prem and Randy.  As I walked to the plane on the tarmac in Tivat, Montenegro, I faced the sun and felt the warm breeze, thinking, soak this up now, because soon you will be in Belgium and it will probably be cold and rainy.  To my surprise I woke up to beautiful weather Saturday and enjoyed a long walk in the beautiful forest near P&R’s house with their two very well behaved dogs.  Then to Chateau de Bouillon which is an amazing medieval castle on the Semois River.  Gorgeous fall day to spend time with P&R and enjoy the maze of tunnels, towers and dungeons, and gorgeous panoramic views.  This morning fresh croissants from the local bakery and chai tea, made from scratch by Prem.   So spoiled. Thursday I head back home.










No comments:

Post a Comment