Sunday, February 16, 2020

Hoi An: Rickshaw and Ba Na Hills to see a French Village

Enjoyed my last day in Hoi An.  It's such a beautiful city, but noticed more tourists today.  Took a rickshaw ride and later a boat ride where I lit a floating candle for Steve on the Thu Bon River.  The next day I moved on to Da Nang after first seeing Ba Na Hills.  I hadn’t realized it was a huge theme.  It reminded me of Disney Land, but high on top of a mountain.  I ended hanging out with a young Australian man (the only foreigners on the cable car) for a few hours as we walked through the “French Village”.  Yup, that’s right, a French Village complete with their own Notre Dame.  It actually was all pretty well done and was very clean, and everyone was happy.  I only saw a small section of the humungous complex.





Watched this construction all week and one night a stuffed animal game appeared right in the middle of the construction - strange.

These Japanese girls were so cute I asked to take a photo with them









Floating candles



2 comments: