Thursday, February 27, 2020

Hanoi: Adrenalin Rush


Want an adrenalin rush?  Sit on a balcony and watch and feel a train scream by within two feet of your café and local people’s living rooms. It’s the norm here but has become a tourist attraction because it is so ridiculously dangerous.  They now restrict tourists from sitting on the side of the tracks, but I still saw several tourists down below within a couple feet of the train.  What a rush!

I can’t believe I head back home tomorrow.  Has it really been 3 months?  What will it feel like to be home?  I’m still enjoying myself and feeling quite comfortable living out of a suitcase, but at the same time I am ready for everything clean: bathroom, water and feet. Also, better get home before the corona virus gets worse. 

Came upon the changing of the guard for Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and then visited Tran Quoc Pagoda.  Went to a Bamboo Circus show at the beautiful Opera House.

I love having extra time here in Hanoi so I can take my time and just stroll the busy streets and take in the action on the streets.






Dog and owner waiting for the train.  Just after the train passed the dog went right back on the tracks.


Lunch - not for me.



Across the street from my hotel.  By morning, serving breakfast noodle soup, by noon it turns back into a souvenir shop.


The lake Senator John McCain's plane crashed during the Vietnam War

I love the way the birds are put outside during the day.  Its adds a nice charm to the streets to hear birds singing.












No comments:

Post a Comment