Friday, February 28, 2020

Hanoi: Dinner with Anthony Bourdain and President Obama - sort of

Checked into flight to come home today.  If all goes well, I should be back in my apartment by 11:30 tonight (29th).  Cross your fingers.

It’s been an amazing 3 months of travel (1 month in the states, then 2 in Asia).  I’m so glad I kept a travel blog so I can reflect on my experiences in more depth.  It seems like a long time, yet not.  It’s hard to explain, but towards the end really felt pretty at ease with it all.  I met so many wonderful people along the way and was fortunate to have good friends like Paul and Terri with me for part of the trip.  Looking forward to reminiscing about the trip with them.

A couple more experiences to share.  If you sit long enough in the park by the lake, locals will come up to you and ask to practice their English.  I think this is so cool.  Lein was a real joy to talk to.  For my last night dinner in Hanoi I chose a restaurant where Anthony Bourdain and President Obama met to eat good local food.   The Bun Cha from Bun Cha Huong Lien was excellent.  Even the locals where there to take pictures of President Obama’s photo on the wall.










No comments:

Post a Comment