Monday, September 9, 2019

The first week and Assmannhausen

I’ve been in Wiesbaden less than a week and have already walked 40 miles - seriously.  That’s how it is in Europe and, when spending time with Gabi and Roland.  The second day here was a picture perfect day.  Still jet lagged and dehydrated, we hiked 5 miles up from Assmannhuasen to Niederwald above Ruhdesheim along the Rhein.  Great walk, but hot.  At one point I felt faint and asked to find some shade.  Whew!  It was fantastic either way, but I will never listen to Gabi and Roland when they remind me they are getting older and slowing down. Sure-I don’t think so.  Here are a couple of photos.  The little wooden box was along the trail where you could by a glass of wine and pay by the honor system.  Not sure if all the phots will show up yet.  Wifi in Germany sucks.





2 comments: